Important Update: INTA 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting
I am writing to provide an update about INTA’s 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting. We have come a long way since the original plan to host our 2020 Annual Meeting in Singapore, which would have taken place in April; and even from our latest announcement that we would be holding a combined Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting in Houston on November 16–20.
As you well know, in weeks’ time, even in days’ time, the COVID-19 situation continues to change around the world. Uncertainty persists, and, as we look to November, the status of the pandemic is unclear.
What is clear is that we remain intent on prioritizing the health and safety of our members, staff, sponsors, exhibitors, and the community. As well, we are extremely cognizant of our members’ budget and travel restraints and concerns, among other factors. Cancelling the Annual Meeting has not been an option.
Therefore, today, the Board of Directors approved holding an all-virtual Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting.
With this approach, the Annual Meeting will remain November 16–20; during the prior week, committee meetings will be on November 11–12, and Leadership Meeting sessions on November 13.
A few more details:
• Registration will open in early July.
• Recognizing the current situation, we are reducing registration fees—the standard member fee is $850, and $750 for the early bird.
• We will present live, simulated-live, and on-demand educational sessions with high-quality content and CLE/CPD options, and multiple networking opportunities.
• Look for many of the same features you’ve come to expect at our in-person gatherings, such as Table Topics, Speed Networking, and meeting rooms—all at no additional cost for members.
• And, the virtual Exhibit Hall will enable service providers and registrants to connect and converse.
While the path here has come with a heavy heart, we believe this forward-looking approach is the safest option right now and keeps registrants’ best interests in mind. Moreover, we are excited about the prospect of not only bringing our community together again, but doing so in a new and innovative way, on a secure and engaging platform. The Meeting aligns with our digital transformation and pioneers a future that incorporates virtual offerings into our in-person events.
These are extraordinary times, and we hope you will join us at the 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting for an extraordinary experience.
As always, we hold in our thoughts all those affected by COVID-19, and we wish all of you good health.
Etienne Sanz de Acedo
Chief Executive Officer